From the TOI, for IPL 2010:
1. Four fielding substitutes; only 4 overseas players on the field at any point of time
2. Any ball bowled above waist height will be declared a no-ball
3. Pink balls in practice matches
4. Non-availability of players after signing of contracts to be dealt with seriously
Seriously, what are they thinking?! Ensure that bowlers don’t have any chance at all?!
How about more interesting rules?
1. No more yorkers.
2. Steve Bucknor will officiate in all matches and will be asked to consider as bowlers as Indians.
3. Bowlers need to concede at least one four an over to keep up spectator interest.
4. Even if the wicket and conditions encourage lateral movement or spin and bounce, bowlers will avoid making use of the conditions. Actually, strike that. Just ensure they don’t play in Delhi and don’t leave the country.
Somehow Lalit Modi seems to be a man with a wonderfully twisted sense of humour.
Oh well, I guess am just overreacting. It’s the TOI remember!